IN-CORE MONITORING SYSTEM
The SVRK-M in-core monitoring system assures monitoring of neutron-physical and thermohydraulic parameters of a reactor facility’s (RF) primary circuit and information support to an operator to optimize RF technological processes behavior.
Functions of SVRK-M:
- cyclically acquiring data from in-core and technological sensors of RF;
- correcting lag of direct charge sensor signals;
- calculating neutron-physical and thermohydraulic parameters of a core and an RF’s primary circuit;
- monitoring current parameters and generating signals on deviations from technological setpoints;
- displaying parameters of a core and RF state in the form of videograms, protocols, and diagrams;
- keeping an archive of measured and calculated parameters, as well as non-continuous events and indications of deviation from limits of setpoints;
- quickly estimating parameters of energy-release distribution along the height of a core and comparing them with the setpoints that depend on a fuel burn-up degree;
- transferring a preliminary protection signal to a control and protection system when limits of setpoints of local energy-release and/or critical power ratio are exceeded;
- forecasting energy-release distribution in a current continuous way;
- forecasting energy-release distribution on operator’s demand with given control impacts;
- monitoring quality of quick restore of energy-release field.
Composition of SVRK-M:
- the lower level is implemented based on MSKU-4 failsafe industrial controllers;
- the upper level is implemented based on PS5140 industrial workstations with redundant Ethernet switches for connection to a lower level.
- possibility to monitor neutron-physical and thermohydraulic parameters of a core in stationary and transient modes, including modes of unit operation at increased power;
- possibility to monitor cores with TVS-WR fuel manufactured by Westinghouse, including cores with "mixed" loads (modification of SVRK-M with integrated software and hardware of a "BEACON" physical calculation subsystem is operated at Zaporizhzhya NPP);
- informational support for an operator to operate NPP in power maneuvering modes;
- possibility of implementation of new fuel cycles;
- high degree of approbation of technical solutions due to a long-term experience of operation at NPP units.
Safety class – 3.
Safety category – В.
- Zaporizhzhya NPP, units 1-6
- Khmelnitsky NPP, units 1, 2
- Rivne NPP, units 1-4
- South-Ukraine NPP, units 1, 2
Video frames of SVRK RMOT (workplace)