TURBINE REGULATING SYSTEM
Functions of SRT:
- automatically and semiautomatically rotating a turbine;
- synchronizing a turbogenerator (TG) with an electric network;
- loading or unloading TG with a rate specified by an operator;
- maintaining parameters of a turbogenerator at a specified level (rate of rotation – regulating accuracy not worse than ± 10 rpm, capacity – regulating accuracy not worse than ± 10 MW, steam pressure in a main steam collector – regulating accuracy not worse ± 0.5 kgf/cm2) in starting and operating modes;
- assuring unloading TG in load-relief modes when technological protections of a turbine, reactor facility or protections of a generator are active;
- remotely controlling control valves of a turbine by operator’s commands;
- performing the following protective actions:
- preventing unacceptable increase in turbine rotation speed during load-reliefs;
- changing a turbine over to idling or to auxiliaries while maintaining nominal speed after load-relief;
- forming protection signals when acceptable turbine speed is exceeded;
- limiting planned capacity changes.
Composition of SRT:
- an ShERS-1 cabinet of an electronic speed regulator, a ShSRT-1 cabinet of a turbine regulating system implemented based on MSKU industrial controllers;
- a diagnostics and archiving server, an engineering station of an automatic regulating system implemented based on PS5140 worksations;
- RMO operator’s workstations.
- reliable execution of safety electronic automate functions (maintaining a turbine at a power level available at the moment of failure of a main electrohydraulic regulating system);
- high operation speed (duration of a main operational cycle – 10 ms, time of response to discrete signals from emergency automation and signals of generator’s switch position – not more than 5 ms, generation time for a signal “Protection by TG’s rotor speed” from an initial event (change of frequency) – not more than 5 ms);
- possibility of supply within USNE TO, which reduces quantity of equipment due to use of workstations of USNE in SRT;
- possibility of operation in three modes:
- using an electronic part of electrohydraulic regulating system;
- using an electronic speed regulator;
- in a manual control mode.
Safety class – 3.
Safety category – В.
Zaporizhzhya NPP, units 1, 2