ENERGY-RELEASE AND THERMAL-MONITORING STUBS
The energy-release (EV) and thermal-monitoring (TK) stubs are designed to be used in in-core monitoring systems.
Function of the stubs – transmission of electric signals to a connection node:
- the EV stubs – from connectors of assemblies of in-core detectors (SVRD) to an electrical connection node on a concrete vault;
- the TK stubs – from connectors of compensating devices of UK-82, UT-0186 type, a connecting box for thermal monitoring of cases of control and protection system rod drives or their analogues.
Composition of the stubs:
- high-temperature insertion in EV stubs;
- a heat and moisture protected cable enclosed into a stainless braid;
- a connector for connection to SVRD or compensating devices;
- a device to seal the connector after it has been connected to SVRD;
- elements for protection against mechanical damages;
- a set of installation parts.
- high resistance to temperature and radiation;
- moisture protection, can operate under air-steam mixture conditions;
- survival in emergency and post-emergency conditions, including at a loss-of-coolant accident (LOCA);
- survival at local overheating to a level of primary coolant temperature.
- Zaporizhzhya NPP
- Khmelnitsky NPP