CONTROL ROD CONTROL SYSTEM
The SGIU control rod control system is an executive part of SUZ of NPP units.
Functions of SGIU:
- automatically controlling OR movement by signals of protections, an automatic power controller or by operator's commands;
- indicating current position and state of ORs in main and backup control rooms;
- registering, visualizing, and archiving parameters;
- transferring information to unit’s adjacent systems.
Composition of SGIU:
- a control rod control subsystem;
- a protection command generation subsystem (using “unconditional" logic);
- a subsystem for monitoring of OR position and for individual power supply of position sensors;
- a subsystem controlling drives with devices for power supply of drives;
- a power supply subsystem assuring guaranteed power, backup, and operative power supply;
- equipment of control rooms (a manual control panel, a computerized panel for operating supervision, and a set of position indicators for control rooms);
- a monitoring and diagnostics server.
- doubling of each channel of drive power control with «hot» reserve of protection and control functions due to automatic unstressed switching of drive control from a failed channel to a reserve one with retention of all control functions;
- control of different types of drives with possibility of their online switching;
- possibility of OR control in any mode of both manual and automatic operation control and also in RF protection modes;
- power supply of power equipment with direct current, which allows to exclude mechanical automatic reserve switching and assure unstressed switching from a main power supply input to a reserve one in case of a fail or voltage reduction at the main input;
- automated support of a physical experiment to check control rod effectiveness;
- a developed diagnostic system with determination and registration of step skip, slipping, jamming of a cluster;
- inclusion of a testing stand for SUZ drives into a supply set.
Safety class – 2.
Safety category – А.
- Rivne NPP, units 1-3
- Zaporizhzhya NPP, units 1, 2, 6
- Kola NPP, unit 4 (as a part of KE SUZ system)