ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT PACKAGE OF A CONTROL AND PROTECTION SYSTEM
The KE SUZ electric equipment package of a control and protection system combines functions of SGIU and ARM-I and is an executive part of NPP units’ SUZ.
Functions of KE SUZ:
- SGIU functions - automatically controlling movement of control rods (OR) of SUZ by protection signals, remotely controlling movement of control rods by commands from an operator, ARM-I, indicating current position and state of control rods in MCR and BCR;
- ARM-I functions – automatically controlling RF power and pressure in a main steam collector;
- guaranteed powering for drives of SUZ and equipment of KE SUZ;
- registering and displaying parameters, their changes and faults;
- transferring information to adjacent systems.
Composition of KE SUZ:
- an executive part of emergency protection, consisting of two redundant diverse sets;
- an SGIU control rod control system;
- an ARM-I automatic reactor power controller;
- a power supply subsystem;
- information and diagnostic equipment.
- exclusion of false AZ triggering due to use of three independent channels of emergency commands using “unconditional” logic;
- use of diversity principle (protection modules, intermediate relays, and power contactors of the first and second set of an AZ-PZ executive part are produced using diverse components);
- possibility of online switching of any drive and position sensor of control rods to reserve channels of power control and position monitoring;
- automatic support of physical experiments.
Safety class – 2.
Safety category – А.
Kola NPP, unit 4