PROCESS INFORMATION SYSTEM (UNIT’S UPPER LEVEL)
The IVS process information system of a unit’s upper level is one of the main components of an I&C system of NPP units.
Functions of IVS:
- providing information to personnel in an operating circuit of a main control room and local control stations;
- registering and documenting technological process parameters in all modes of operation of a unit;
- monitoring critical safety functions;
- monitoring basic safety parameters;
- providing recommendations as to equipment control in transient modes of operation of a unit;
- calculating and analyzing technical and economical parameters of unit’s equipment;
- providing reference information about technological equipment and facilities of a unit’s I&C system;
- calibrating measuring channels metrologically.
Composition of IVS:
- the lower level is implemented based on MSKU-4 failsafe industrial controllers;
- the upper level is implemented based on PS5140 industrial workstations.
- possibility of step-by-step modernization of operating IVS systems with preservation of designed functions;
- built-in functions of a safety parameters display subsystem;
- implementation of unified protocols of data exchange with adjacent systems;
- wide list of additional functions, adaptation of control ergonomics to meet preferences of operating personnel;
- high degree of approbation of technical solutions due to a long-term experience of operation at NPP units;
- availability of built-in automated means for calibration of measuring channels.
Safety class – 3.
Safety category – С.
- Khmelnitsky NPP, units 1, 2
- Rivne NPP, units 1-4
- Zaporizhzhya NPP, units 1-6
- Kola NPP, units 1, 2
- Balakovo NPP, units 1-4
- Rostov NPP, unit 1
IVS equipment prepared for supply to Zaporizhzhya NPP
Video frames of IVS RMOT (workplace)